The Board consists of twenty-eight (28) members. The Board's membership is by appointment of the appropriate county councils and is voluntary. The directors are comprised of representatives from local private business and industry, as well as, representatives from education, economic development, labor, community-based organizations, and other representatives from local organizations who are mandated partners within the OneStop Delivery System.
The purpose of the Board is to provide policy and guidance for and exercise oversight of activities under the Workforce Innovation and Opportunities Act for the Catawba Area. The Board has total responsibility for the federal funds allocated to create and maintain a comprehensive and integrated workforce development system that is responsive to the needs of employers and is available to all citizens with the three-county region. The law mandates local coordination and collaboration among all local employment and training entities. The Catawba Regional Workforce Development Board is the catalyst to ensure that workforce development activities are responsive to local demands.
The Board meets bi-monthly to remove barriers and align programs and services to achieve and sustain economic prosperity for the Catawba Region. It has policy responsibility for approximately $2.8 million dollars to administer a comprehensive array of employment and training services for adults, dislocated workers, youth, as well as, services for local private businesses and industries to upgrade the skills of their workforce
- Monica Graham - Lancaster County EMS
- Bruce Barre
- Nick Maizy - SC Vocational Rehabilitation Department
- Rease Hagner – New Indy Containerboard
- Allan Chatham – Elkem Silicones
- Kim Linton – Lancaster Adult Education
- Veronica Williams - Lancaster Housing Authority
- Tiffany Moore - Catawba Indian Nation
- Teresa Curtice - York County Economic Development
- Annette Killian - DSS York County
- Joanie Winters - Winters Law Firm
- Karen Brackett-Browning - Carolina Community Actions, Inc.
- Mike Geddings- Panther Heating & Cooling, Inc
- Lisa Arrowood – Magnolia Manor
- Angela Bagley - MUSC Health Chester Medical Center
- Eric Ramey - TruVista
- Frank McKinney - Carolina Ingredients, LLC.
- Mike Peek - SC Fraternal Order of Police
- Ryant Johnson - Comporium, Inc
- Brian Fulk - Lancaster County Economic Development
- Stacie Harrison - SC Department of Employment & Workforce
Back to the top.