The Board consists of twenty-eight (28) members. The Board's membership is by appointment of the appropriate county councils and is voluntary. The directors are comprised of representatives from local private business and industry, as well as, representatives from education, economic development, labor, community-based organizations, and other representatives from local organizations who are mandated partners within the OneStop Delivery System.
The purpose of the Board is to provide policy and guidance for and exercise oversight of activities under the Workforce Innovation and Opportunities Act for the Catawba Area. The Board has total responsibility for the federal funds allocated to create and maintain a comprehensive and integrated workforce development system that is responsive to the needs of employers and is available to all citizens with the three-county region. The law mandates local coordination and collaboration among all local employment and training entities. The Catawba Regional Workforce Development Board is the catalyst to ensure that workforce development activities are responsive to local demands.
The Board meets bi-monthly to remove barriers and align programs and services to achieve and sustain economic prosperity for the Catawba Region. It has policy responsibility for approximately $2.8 million dollars to administer a comprehensive array of employment and training services for adults, dislocated workers, youth, as well as, services for local private businesses and industries to upgrade the skills of their workforce
- Monica Graham, Chairperson - Phillips Staffing
- Joanie Winters, Secretary – Winters Attorney at Law
- Kathleen Allen - SC Vocational Rehabilitation
- Bruce Barre - Proctor & Gamble
- Bridgette Miller - AARP Senior Employment Services
- Karen Craig - The Schaeffler Group
- Jason Flora - York County Economic Development
- Tammy Davis - PPG Industries
- Tom Drumwright - Meritor
- Dean Faile - Lancaster County Chamber of Commerce
- Sandy Andrew - Rock Hill Adult Ed
- Amy Harned - Springs Memorial Hospital
- Walter Kellogg - Community-based Organization
- Constance Larson - SC Indian Development Council
- Jamie Gilbert - Lancaster County Economic Development
- Antonia Barnes - SCDEW
- Michael Rallings - Resolute Forest Products
- Tracy Wimmer - Resolute Forest Products
- Jerry Witherspoon - Lancaster Housing Authority
- Hardy Lanier - Sovereign Consulting, LLC
- Lonnie Harvey - Jesclon Group
- Georgette Boulware - Department of Social Service
- James Mayhugh - jlm Imports Ltd.
Back to the top.