The Board consists of twenty-eight (28) members. The Board's membership is by appointment of the appropriate county councils and is voluntary. The directors are comprised of representatives from local private business and industry, as well as, representatives from education, economic development, labor, community-based organizations, and other representatives from local organizations who are mandated partners within the OneStop Delivery System.
The purpose of the Board is to provide policy and guidance for and exercise oversight of activities under the Workforce Innovation and Opportunities Act for the Catawba Area. The Board has total responsibility for the federal funds allocated to create and maintain a comprehensive and integrated workforce development system that is responsive to the needs of employers and is available to all citizens with the three-county region. The law mandates local coordination and collaboration among all local employment and training entities. The Catawba Regional Workforce Development Board is the catalyst to ensure that workforce development activities are responsive to local demands.
The Board meets bi-monthly to remove barriers and align programs and services to achieve and sustain economic prosperity for the Catawba Region. It has policy responsibility for approximately $2.8 million dollars to administer a comprehensive array of employment and training services for adults, dislocated workers, youth, as well as, services for local private businesses and industries to upgrade the skills of their workforce
- Mike Duralia, Chairperson - Engine Power Source
- Monica Graham - Lancaster County EMS
- Joanie Winters, Secretary – Winters Attorney at Law
- Alton Johnson - SC Vocational Rehabilitation
- Bruce Barre - Lancaster County
- Jim Jones - Total Training Group
- Teresa Curtice - York County Economic Development
- Jamie Gilbert- Lancaster County Economic Development
- Veronica Williams - Lancaster Housing Authority
- Annett Killian - DSS York County
- Jason Broadwater - RevenFlo
- Mike Geddings Panther - Heating & Cooling Inc
- Karen Brackett-Browning - Carolina Community Actions, Inc
- Stacey Moore - York Technical College
- Kim Linton - Lancaster County Adult Education
- Rosalind Harps - SC Works
- Allan Chatham - Elkem Silicones
- Rease Hagner - New Indy Containerboard - United Steel Worker Union Rep.
- Rob Youngblood - York County Chamber of Commerce
- Amy Faulkenberry - GRN, Inc.
- Tiffany Moore - Catawba Ind. Nation
- Angela Bagley - MUSC Health Chester Medical Center
- Alex Rankin - Giti Tire
Back to the top.